Unique English Language Schools
The unique English language schools on Guest Ranches offer the best Canadian Wilderness experience – guaranteed!
Why not combine your English Studies with a Canadian wilderness adventure? Joining an ESL program in one of the unique English Language Schools is an educational experience that consists of more than just learning English. It has nothing in common with a “big” city school in Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto.
The English language schools I suggest are as unique as the wilderness that surrounds them. Opportunities for adventures are abundant. The adventure ESL programs are ideal for outdoor enthusiasts and horse lovers. They give you the opportunity to turn learning English into an ultimate wilderness experience.
Studying English at one of the ranches becomes more than sitting in a classroom. In the proven approach to learning a language, conversational practice and engaging in outdoor ESL activities makes you gain the confidence you need to effectively use your English skills in daily life.
Throughout the ESL program, you will have the opportunity to explore the surrounding wilderness through outdoor ESL activities. You can take part on hikes along rugged mountain trails or ride on horseback to stunning lookout points. This experience will most likely impact your outlook on life and change the approach to your language studies.
A genuine enthusiasm for linguistic knowledge will replace your previous fear of making mistakes. While the schools certainly focus on the quality of the ESL curriculum, their ESL program also makes the most of the confidence-inspiring wilderness that surrounds their ranches.
Home Stay at The Ranch
Your Home Stay and the school are at the ranch. Everything is within a 5-minute walk, accommodation, school and horses! Enjoy Family style meals and community living. Accommodation is usually in a single room or shared cabin. Facilities include shared bathrooms and showers, laundry facilities, and a large selection of educational videos and books about nature and horses.
- Levels: Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced
- Small Class sizes
- Course Length: 4 weeks or longer, course can be customized to match the student’s needs
- Minimum age: 19 (exceptions might be possible)
- Start dates: First Monday of each month
- Qualified Teacher
- Students are awarded a certificate to recognize their achievements.
Course Fee includes
- 15 hours classroom tuition per week
- Horse Riding
- Ranch chores associated activities in the afternoons and weekends
- Use of saddles, tack and other ranch equipment as necessary
- Accommodation and all meals including coffee, tea, and snacks
- Free activities 7 days a week
- Types of activities depend on the ESL ranch you choose
Some Wilderness Ranches offer the English language program all year-round, others only during the summer months! Please contact me for more details.
As you study the English language you’ll have the added bonus of living in Canada’s inspiring and majestic wilderness. You will be surrounded by towering mountain ranges, pristine lakes, and large forests.
The wilderness guest ranches are located in the remote mountains of British Columbia and attract visitors from around the world. As an ESL student, you get the great opportunity to interact with people from diverse cultures and build friendships with people from different countries.
English Language Schools in the Wilderness – is it for you?
Will you have a culture shock when you arrive? Most likely you will. It mostly depends on the kind of environment you come from.
Isn’t that what it is all about, experiencing a different lifestyle in another country and learning new skills? Everything will be different from what you are used to from home. Be flexible and open to new challenges and you will have an experience of a lifetime.
The English Language schools I suggest in this blog are owned and operated by Canadians. Therefore, you will get to know Canadian people and their way of life. You will hear their stories, eat Canadian food and learn about Canadian customs.
Although there might be people at the ranch who speak your language, you will be expected to speak English only. From my own experience, this is the best situation to learning and mastering a language.
Make sure you Sign up for my Newsletter to receive valuable travel information right into your Inbnox.
What are the costs?
Starting at CAD 3,850 for 4 weeks (excluding taxes)
The costs include all instructors, equipment, accommodation, meals and activities. Once you arrive at the ranch you won’t have to worry about additional expenses.
Visa / Study Permit
Even without a visa or permit, it is possible to participate in a Canadian program or course that lasts up to six months. However, you must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.
Even if you do not need a study permit, it is a good idea to apply for a permit before you come to Canada. That way, if you decide that you want to continue your studies in another program after you complete your short-term course or program, you will already be prepared.
How can I help you
- My knowledge – I operated my own English language school at Silver Spur Trails Wilderness Ranch for many years. I know what ESL students expect when they come to our part of the world.
- My Swiss background helps me understand your expectations and problems.
- I personally know all the schools I suggest, as well as the management.
- I’m familiar with the location of the schools and the remote areas of British Columbia.
- I will help you choose the school that is right for you.
- Let me help you with your booking.
- I can organize the transportation to the school after you arrive in Canada.
- Let me be your contact person while you are in Canada.
- And best of all – I speak German
Please send me an Email via my contact form if you would like more information.